Donna Loveday is Head of Curatorial at the Design Museum in London. She has curated high profile design and fashion exhibitions including, ‘Hello, My name is Paul Smith’ in 2013 and ‘Christian Louboutin’ in 2012. Donna also has responsibility for the Design Museum collection and archive. She has previously worked at the British Film Institute, The Sculpture Company and the Barbican Art Gallery.
Donna is co-curator of the WOMEN FASHION POWER exhibition alongside fashion expert and commentator Colin McDowell. The exhibition was designed by architect, Zaha Hadid and it takes place in London between 29th October 2014 and 26th April 2015. The exhibition examines how women have used fashion as an important tool of self-expression and empowerment to build reputation, attract attention and assert authority.
WOMEN FASHION POWER
This exhibition is a celebration of exceptional women. All of the women we invited to contribute to the exhibition were chosen because they are leaders in their field and they understand that the clothes they wear are a part of the way that they communicate with the world.
Today we see the evolution of a new power dress code – professional women are engaging with contemporary fashion as a way to express individuality, a sense of style and project empowerment. The women in this exhibition demonstrate their individual approaches to fashion – in their own words.
Women featured in the exhibition are:
- Genevieve Bell, Vice President of Intel Labs, Director of User Experience
- Camila Batmanghelidjh, Founder and Director of Kids Company
- Joan Burstein, Founder of Browns
- Naomi Campbell, Model
- Shami Chakrabarti, Director of Liberty
- Wei Sun Christianson, Co-CEO Morgan Stanley, Asia Pacific
- Livia Firth, Creative Director of Eco Age
- Miriam González Durántez, Partner at Dechert
- Thea Green MBE, Founder and Managing Director of Nails Inc.
- HSH Princess Charlène of Monaco
- Dame Zaha Hadid, Founder and Director of Zaha Hadid Architects
- Anne Hidalgo, Mayor of Paris
- Roksanda Ilincic, Designer
- Qiong-er Jiang, Artistic Director of Shangxia, China
- Anna Jones, Chief Executive of Hearst Magazines UK
- Alfiya Kuanysheva, CEO of BATT, Kazakhstan
- Pearl Lam, Owner of Pearl Lam Galleries, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore
- Natalie Massenet MBE, Founder and Executive Chair of NET-A-PORTER, Chair of British Fashion Council
- Charlotte Olympia, Designer
- Julia Peyton-Jones, Director of the Serpentine Galleries
- Dame Zandra Rhodes, Designer
- Skin, Musician and lead vocalist of Skunk Anansie
- Kirsty Wark, Journalist, broadcaster and writer
- Dame Vivienne Westwood, Designer
- Morwenna Wilson, Senior Projects Director at Argent LLP
For more details about the exhibition, visit: