- Senior executive
- Health tech
- Job details
Chief Commercial Officer (United States)
Role Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Preferably Denver, Colorado but can be remote in the USA and willing to travel to Denver occasionally.
Application closes: Ongoing until recruited
Salary: Dependent on experience
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
We are Open Bionics, a growing startup that designs, develops and manufactures beautiful bionic limbs for those with upper limb absences. Our flagship product is the Hero Arm and with this myo-electric arm, we turn disabilities into superpowers!
We have collaborated with some of the biggest brands in the world, such as Star Wars, Marvel, Twentieth Century Fox and Konami, and we have won multiple awards, including Hanger Clinics Innovation Award. Please visit our website to find out more about us: www.openbionics.com.
Innovate – Look at the problem differently.
Empower – Encourage self-love and confidence.
Be ambitious – Think bigger.
Treat people equally – Treat everyone with equal respect.
Be reliable – Always deliver. On-time. On budget. To specification.
We are looking for our very first Chief Commercial Officer to help grow our presence in the US. This is a high-level executive role where you’ll be expected to oversee the development and commercial strategies of Open Bionics, ensuring they align with our objectives and social impact goals.
You will have expert knowledge of the prosthetics and orthotics industry, how the external landscape impacts this, the products that are available to consumers in the limb difference community, and an understanding of how to gain competitive advantage.
Having outstanding commercial awareness is imperative because ultimately, your strategies will aim to generate sales and lead to higher profitability for Open Bionics.
You will have the capability to spot commercial opportunities, the ability to assess risk, and execute on commercialization projects.
You will have experience reporting opportunities and evaluation regularly at board level.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and setting commercial business strategies.
- Alignment with our growth ambitions, objectives and social impact goals.
- Preparation of sales plans, contribution to marketing plans, using evidence-based decisions to make profit and loss estimations.
- Implementing company objectives, goals and setting performance standards for our US workforce.
- Spotting, evaluating, and championing new commercial opportunities.
- A sound understanding of the prosthetics and orthotics industry, including the healthcare and reimbursement landscape.
- Have a lot of experience developing D2C and B2B commercial strategies.
- Have a strong network within the prosthetics and orthotics industry and be able to utilise this for commercial benefit.
- A minimum of 10 years experience within prosthetics and orthotics.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working with upper limb prosthetics.
- Experience with hardware products.
1) Visit https://openbionics.com/jobs/ and click on the vacancy link where you can follow the instructions to apply. Your application will only be received if you apply through our portal.
2) Upload your resume which should evidence the person scorecard above.
3) Write a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role and why you want to work at Open Bionics
Please note that both of the above must be provided in order to be considered for this position.
Open Bionics is an equal opportunities employer. If you are disabled and require any reasonable adjustments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and we value diversity in our workplace. We may operate positive action measures to encourage people from under-represented groups to apply and help them overcome disadvantages in competing with other applicants.
If you are successful, you will be expected to provide proof of your right to work in the USA.