Group IT Programme Manager – 12 months fixed term contract initially
Job Level: Level 5
Job Family: Business Support
Closing Date: Sunday 27 June 2021
Your new role
We’re looking to appoint a Group IT Programme Manager for an initial period of 12 months. Reporting directly into our Group IT Director, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of Group IT programmes and projects from Inception through to BAU, managing all aspects of its lifecycle and align and work within the Groups PMO governance framework.
Planning, delivery and reporting, within agreed timescales and quality benchmarks. This role will work with sponsors, stakeholders and internal customers to ensure each project satisfies the agreed business case requirements to ensure that deadlines and targets are successfully achieved.
The projects will be varied and include; Infrastructure and application decommissioning, automation and AI of our B2B and B2C platforms, alongside a broad spectrum of technical IT developments.
The initial phase will allow you to work closely with our Group IT Director, IT project leads and wider business stakeholders to understand the full portfolio. Following this, you’ll be responsible for ensuring all projects are following internal governance, industry best practice and standards managing both current forward plan initiatives. This will include a range of activity as expected from an experienced Programme Manager such as project initiation and scoping, resource planning and allocation, stakeholder and SME engagement, managing to budget, project interdependencies and other common project management controls such as risk and issue tracking.
This is a great opportunity for a confident and experienced IT Programme Manager to take responsibility for a varied project portfolio with great exposure to senior stakeholders, and the opportunity to work in a market-leading HealthTech organisation.
This is a home working role with an expectation to travel to our Leeds and Bolton offices in the future.
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract.
Your new team
You’ll report directly into our Group IT Director. At EMIS, Group IT is responsible for supporting more than 1400 users and the operational performance of all internal systems, service delivery management, end-user compute and ServiceNow support and development. You’ll also work with a range of other departments and teams across the business and be a representation of Group IT.
Who you’ll be
We want to make sure you’re set for success so the key skills we’re looking for in the role are below. We know not everyone ticks all the boxes and we’ll provide training on some of the areas if you’re the right person for the role.
- Demonstrable experience of managing programme level projects within formal Project Management methodologies such as AgilePM, DSDM, Prince2
- A solid understanding of software development methods, technologies and concepts
- A pragmatic leadership approach
- Experience of using a variety Project Reporting and Project Life Cycle Management tools such as Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Project to plan, monitor and report project progress
- Excellent planning, reporting and organisational skills
- Proven track record of excellent stakeholder management and demonstrable ability to negotiate and influence
- A record of delivery within an environment of tight deadlines and competing priorities, planning and managing the post holders own workload as appropriate
- Proven ability to influence and manage cross-functional and cross-organisational teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
Who we are
We’re passionate about helping clinicians improve patient care. Whether in primary, community, mental health or secondary settings, our aim is to provide every healthcare professional with the patient information they need to deliver the best quality, most efficient service.
We work in every major healthcare setting, providing technology, information and health screening. Committed to supporting longer healthier lives for everyone, from connecting care providers with their patients, to making sure every clinician has the information they need to deliver the best patient care.
So if this snapshot of the role looks interesting, click here to apply. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a pre-loaded video interview with questions designed by Darren, our Group IT Director. CVs are great but we want to get to know you as a person too!
We will begin shortlisting prior to the advert closing, so apply today!