Location: Work from home
Job Level: Level 4
Job Family: Clinical
Closing Date: Thursday 8 April 2021
Want to be part of something really exciting? We are transforming the way health and care are delivered. Working with our customers, we are leading the way in the delivery of patient-centered, connected, digitally enabled health and care services.
Our customers and partners are using our solutions in all health and care settings, from GP surgeries and community care to high street pharmacies, hospitals, clinics, not for profit organisations and specialist services. We are committed to developing the next generation of healthcare technology that will truly make a difference.
Your new role
As an Informatics Pharmacist, you’ll provide the most up-to-date and accurate information possible to our customers by maintaining the company’s drug database for use with ProScript. This involves the processing of wholesaler product files using programs such as Microsoft Access, in order to identify any changes. You will also review data from various sources, including manufacturers and government papers to provide summaries and cross-check any inconsistencies. Regular user testing of ProScript is required, alongside weekly validation queries ensuring the information is up to date and includes any BNF or DM+D data is correct.
You will act as Data Steward and have a strong focus on ensuring Information Governance standards are adhered to at all times. You’ll also have responsibility for the management of the Clinical Services Hub and PGD provision.
What you’ll bring
- Experience working within a Pharmacy/ NHS environment and using BNF and England & Wales Drug Tariff is essential
- Excellent knowledge of organisations such as NHSBSA, Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee, Community Pharmacy Wales (CPW), Community Pharmacy Northern Ireland (CPNI), Community Pharmacy Scotland (CPS), ABPI, GPhC, Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS), NHS Digital, NHS England, Wales and NHS Scotland;
- Experience of or a passion for working with clinical data would be advantageous
- Prior use of SQL is desirable
- You’ll be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to meet agreed deadlines
- Experience of using Microsoft Office is required, with Excel and Access to an intermediate level
- A proven track record of working successfully within a team environment
- Ability to work with large volumes of data to high level of accuracy
What we’ll give you
In return you’ll receive a competitive salary and practical things like 25 days holiday, pension, lifestyle savings and a healthcare cash plan, so whenever the time comes and you need some help with your health, we’ll make sure you’re not out of pocket and life assurance to give you some peace of mind.
We will be contacting shortlisted applicants to complete a video interview so we can find out more about you and your work history to date. We may shortlist prior to the advert closing so apply today!