- Professional institute
- Job details
Professional Development Manager
This career listing has expired.
Job Title: Professional Development Manager
Salary range: £35,000-£55,000 dependent on experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and ambitious B2B development professional to join the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology, the global home of Marine professionals. Due to our continued growth and success, we are now looking to expand the Membership and Partnerships team. This is a fast-paced and autonomous role that the post holder can really make their own.
The role will play a fundamental part in growing and supporting our organisational customers on a day-to-day basis. It will involve working closely with businesses and organisations from across marine and maritime sectors, to understand their challenges and develop and deliver IMarEST products and services accordingly. You will work with customers to build client proposals and liaise with volunteers and assessors to ensure we deliver those proposals in a timely fashion.
You will take the lead on all accreditation and registration activities on behalf of the IMarEST, building links with the Engineering Council, the Science Council and within the IMarEST’s own Committees. You will work closely with the Head of Membership and Partnerships to develop and implement a professional development growth and engagement strategy for the Marine sector. You will also identify and develop new B2B services in line with the customers’ needs and expectations.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a B2B professional development role, be comfortable in talking to customers and clients on a regular basis, understand the principles of good customer service, have good attention to detail, be hardworking, and a team player who is ambitious to learn and develop. An understanding of the Membership and professional registration sector would be advantageous but is not essential.
1. Professional Development Strategy
· Develop and implement a Professional Development Strategy to support Marine organisations with their accreditation and training needs
· Work within IMarEST and alongside volunteers and assessors to deliver Accreditation, Recognition and other Professional Development products with Marine organisations across the world
· Support the development and implementation of an International B2B growth strategy working closely with the Head of Membership and Partnerships
· Build close relationships with all of the IMarEST’s accredited institutions ensuring they have the support they need to develop and grow their courses, enrol student members and deliver high-quality Marine courses
· Own and develop the IMarEST Graduate Pathway – build a truly digital, market leading service that supports young Marine professionals from University to Professional Registration
· Organise and support the Professional Affairs and Education Committee and build relationships with key members
2. Other responsibilities
Represent the IMarEST at national and international events, trade shows, exhibitions and conferences as required.
Key attributes and skills required:
- A passion for professional development and supporting organisations to develop courses, training, accreditation and other services
- A strong and proactive communicator
- Proven track record and experience in a B2B professional development or client support role
- Knowledge of professional registration and accreditation, ideally but not essentially in the Marine sector
- B2B product management and development experience
- An innovative and creative thinker who will challenge ways of working and develop new ideas to support the Institutes growth strategy
- Attention to detail and a positive, can-do attitude
- Highly organised and comfortable using business systems including a CRM
- Interest in, or experience of, marine or maritime sectors
The post holder may be required to:
a. undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the Institute,
b. work hours which sit outside of a standard working day,
c. travel within the UK and internationally as part of the role
The IMarEST operates a hybrid working model with a balance of home working and in-office working at our central London offices.
To apply for this role please email a covering letter outlining how you feel you meet the requirements of this role, including your current remuneration package, and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 21st January 2022
The post holder must be legally entitled to work in the UK