Who we are
Womanthology is a digital magazine and community for working women, founded by Fiona Tatton when she became frustrated that she couldn’t find the thought leadership and positive stories about women at work she wanted to read published anywhere else.
She realised that there are incredible women all around us every day, but we rarely give them the opportunity to share their own stories in their own words, for the benefit of others, so she decided to do something about it, and Womanthology was born.
We aim to empower women in their careers and beyond by introducing them to new ideas and showing them the infinite power of a growth mindset. We also want to engage men as champions too, because gender balance benefits us all.
How will we get there – what we do
Womanthology champions positive female role models for women of all ages and career experience. By sharing ideas, best practice and advice, Womanthology helps women become the best possible versions of themselves and challenges the stereotypes of what it means to be a ‘successful’ woman.
Why we do it
- To reassure women that ‘it’s OK’ to be authentic and to be themselves at work. There’s no need to strive towards some idealised picture of female perfection and ‘having it all’.
- We want women to feel they are able to reach their full potential in life and realise that with the right help and support, their possibilities are infinite.
- Gender balance at work benefits all genders, not just women. It also makes society happier, more productive and better off.
- Achieving gender balance at work doesn’t have to take decades. We can all help to speed up progress by thinking innovatively and behaving differently.
“At first glance it may appear too hard. Look again. Always look again.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
Womanthology readers – women and men
Our global readership base is:
- Female entrepreneurs;
- Employers of women;
- Female employees;
- Male colleagues;
- Female professional networks;
- Professional institutes;
- Schools, colleges and universities.
Work with us
Find out more about ways to work with us here. We can help you develop and deliver your strategic priorities through consultancy and training. We can also help you recruit diverse talent and promote your business as a champion of gender balance. We have a global network dynamic women (and men) who share our values so we’re happy to help you source the perfect speaker for your event too.
We’re always on the lookout for positive female role models (and male champions) to share their stories. We’d also like to hear from you if your organisation takes a proactive approach to achieving a gender balanced workplace.
- We strongly encourage content ideas from male and female perspectives.
- Don’t be afraid to share your experiences, ideas and to challenge perceptions of modern day womanhood.
You can find out more about how to do this via our contact page.