Inclusion and diversity is right at the heart of our mission to champion equal opportunity and reward for everyone. We shine a light on these issues, challenging governments and corporates to do better. Our editorial model is built around giving a global platform to women whose voices might not otherwise be heard. And we promote inclusion and diversity in everything else we do, from the events we host to the career opportunities we curate.
- We champion equal opportunity and reward for everyone
- We value everyone we work with and respect people’s similarities and differences
- We celebrate diversity in our magazine and events, aiming always to be representative of our society
- We make sure our associates and suppliers are as committed to diversity and inclusion as we are
- We don’t tolerate unlawful and unjust discrimination, or bullying and harassment
A commitment to diversity means accepting every person equally. It’s about treating everyone as an individual, regardless of their gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race or ethnicity, religious belief, culture, marital or civil partnership status, age, educational background, physical and mental abilities, appearance, political views, pregnancy and caring responsibilities. In short, it’s about respect.
Inclusion is about celebrating the talents and abilities of everyone we work with. It’s about building a culture in which everyone feels they belong. In such a culture, we all have equal responsibility to respect our fellow team members and to understand that others may have different views to our own.
Here are some of the things we can all do to build inclusion:
- Work in an ethical, lawful and respectful way at all times
- Try to understand other peoples’ points of view and help them understand yours
- Respectfully challenge or report any inappropriate behaviour
- Respect different customs and cultures, and the benefits they can bring
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of all team members
- Take responsibility for your own actions
- Be supportive and constructive, looking for solutions to any problems that might crop up