- Corporate governance
- Job details
Assistant Company Secretary
What we’re looking for
Our people are what makes Haddletons so great. It’s all well and good having a smart office and a great coffee machine, but without the right people, it’s all pointless. To keep us heading in the right direction, we need to hire warm, articulate people with innovative ideas and attention to detail. We want them to understand and embody our values, make Haddletons a place that works for everyone and help others be the best version of themselves.
- Team players
- People who love working as part of a team but can also self-manage and prioritise when they need to. Collaboration is their favourite word.
- Problem solvers
- Jigsaws and Rubik’s cubes were their childhood toys of choice! They see problems as challenges to be solved and enjoy showing others how they did it.
- Rules and regulations are their raison d’être. Ticking items off to-do lists makes them smile and they never cheat at Monopoly.
What you’ll get
So you want to work for us? We quite like it here too. That’s probably because we do business in the right way, can work flexibly and get to come to the office when our own company gets too much! Whatever your reasons are, we can promise you a warm welcome, a chance to build your career and the opportunity to partake in the office biscuit addiction. There’s plenty of other stuff you’ll get too, so have a read through the whole lot here.
- The usual stuff
- Up to £42,000 p/a dependent on experience, pension plan, good holiday entitlement.
- Flexible working
- We’re open to anything – as long as it works for you, us and the wider business.
- Company get togethers
- Any excuse for a get-together and we are there. Days out, picnics in the park, seasonal parties and regular team meetings to keep everyone in touch.
What you’ll be doing
If you’re applying to be a Company Secretary with us, we’re fairly sure you know what that role involves. But here is the blurb just to be sure!
- You will be part/fully ICSA/CGI qualified with at least 3 years’ experience in a company secretarial role.
- You will be able to proactively and independently undertake a full range of company secretarial and governance services for our wide portfolio of cross-industry clients. Including:
- Preparing and filing Confirmation Statements with Companies House and other event-based filings as required
- Maintaining statutory registers & cap tables
- Taking minutes at board meetings and assisting with preparing the agenda and circulating board papers.
- Coordinating sign-off for investment documentation and other legal agreements and completing post-investment administration
- Reviewing and understanding shareholder agreements and articles of association to ensure the company is adhering to its governing documents and consent rights
- Providing support to companies with the grant and exercise of EMI and unapproved options
- Coordinating and drafting EIS advanced assurance application
- Acting as the first point of contact for client companies within the portfolio that is allocated to you.
- Proactively look to emerging best practice to deliver high-quality support, actively managing the expectations of and communicating with key stakeholders.
- Provide ad-hoc support for the Head of Company Compliance and the team in respect of listed company secretarial work.
If you think you have everything we’re looking for and more, then we’d love to hear from you. Send your CV to Susie, – she can’t wait to hear from you – firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies, please.